Sunday, September 19, 2010

day 1- fudge pie



Today is one of my dearest friends birthday, Claire :) I wanted to do something special for her today and decided that I would make her a fudge pie. I know she likes this because she borrowed my grandmother's recipe from me once. But I decided to try this lady's recipe. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeesy is what it is.

First of all I have tried a couple of Darby's recipes before and LOVED it because it's delicious and easy as pie (yes, I did that on purpose).

Fudge Pie

1 stick melted butter
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/4 C. cocoa
1/4 C. self-rising flour
1 C. sugar
1 ready to bake regular size pie shell {not deep dish}


(This is darby's final picture)

Mix ingredients together in bowl with fork until well combined. Avoid using a mixer if possible, over beating the filling will cause the top to rise and crack after baking. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Let sit for 10-15 or as long as you possibly can resist. Feel free to double, triple, quadruple, quintuple, sextuple, septuple, or even get crazy and octuple this recipe. But I can’t find the word for 9-fold so you’ll have to stop at octuple.

Ok, so I am a little nervous about how this one will turn out because I accidentally spilt the vanilla into my batch, so I have NO idea how much went in. I am sure it will still be great!


(conclusion- DELICIOUS!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment