Friday, September 17, 2010

The Julie/Julia Project

Ok, I have been inspired by Julie and Julia (one of my favorite "must-see" movies). I have been having trouble deciding on what to blog about, but when watching this movie for the 93 billionth time, I thought maybe I could also blog about my cooking experiences.

If you don't know, I have had ZERO cooking experience before I got married three months ago. And I mean squat. I was constantly made fun of by friends and family for different things, like when I would "take credit" for different meals at Thanksgiving... " Yes, I made those! I put them in the kitchen aid mixer and pressed GO".... "Yes, my mom finished making it, but that's only because I was busy welcoming guests"(or I would think of some excuse for why I wasn't really cooking or helping out). I am probably the dead last person you would want cooking your meal. I remember in college, when I actually thought I was cooking by putting a veggie burger from the freezer (that was already pre-cooked) and cooking it on the stove for 1o minutes.
And sometimes I would even put some mushrooms on the stove and cook it. WITH NO DIRECTIONS.

So for example, my blog for tonight's dinner would look like this: Subway. I pulled into Subway around 4 where there was a very strange long line, I then had to choose what sub I wanted, and what I wanted on that sub. With choosing the bread, meat, toppings, (and deciding if I wanted to add a drink or bag of chips), it took me around 5-10 minutes.
Ok so I will blog about the food that I am literally cooking myself.
this will be me soon. Smiling ear to ear, not because there is a naked bird with it's legs spread open by my face, but because I'll be a master chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment