Saturday, August 28, 2010

I GOT A REAL JOB.

A lot of exciting things have been happening lately. Including getting a new JOB, Paul and I getting off facebook (listen, it's a lot harder than it sounds!), and just doing some major adjusting.

This past Thursday, I got a call from my mom's good friend, Dollie, the assistant principle at Hickory Hills elementary, wondering if I was interested in becoming a kindergarten paraprofessional. Of course I said YES! They had me in THAT day for an interview. PTL Meghan (the lady I nanny for) let me borrow her cute dress, makeup, and borrowed some shoes from a neighbor (her feet are a tad large compared to mine). So I swung on by the elementary school for an interview, and they offered me the JOB! All in one day!! This is such a blessing to us, I get paid full-time as well as benefits and paid vacations. And the craziest part is that I have been feeling for the past two months that God wanted me to be a school teacher. I've had it on my heart, and this position fell into my hands. Coincidence? Definitely not, God had His hand all in this for His plan. I have been trusting Him into getting Paul and I where to be, and maybe where we need to be is here for right now. Who knows....

As wonderful as this blessing is, it is so hard for me to leave the family I nanny for. Meghan has become one of my really good friends, and she's always there for me to vent! I hate that I can't be a helping hand for her anymore, but I know it's probably best for the both of us. I sure will miss those kiddos though. They will always hold a special place in my heart.

Well, this is my life update for now.

OH, and not to mention I got this job this past Thursday... well I start THIS Monday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay, you're going to be an amazing teacher!! Call me anytime you need to vent about how exhausting (but still wonderful) the little pumpkins are!

    ReplyDelete