Friday, November 5, 2010

Engaged, 1 year later

1 year ago today, I got engaged to the love of my life, Paul Michael Stippich aka PMS.(best initials ever)

What an incredible blessing he has been. I feel like after we got married I really got to know him, REAL fast. ;) Here are some of my favorite things about Paul:
(I love this picture!)

1. Well I am sure most of your remember that the summer of 2009, Paul went to China for over a month, and wrote me a letter for everyday he was gone. I love that even today he STILL surprises me... whether it's bringing home flowers or my favorite candy (he just brought me some sour patch kids!), or writing notes all over our apartment, or giving me a foot massage every night (I know... I am one lucky gal!)

2. He is the most selfless man I know. Always putting me and others before himself. He is a true servant at heart. I am learning all about how to serve, through God and through Paul.

3. Paul is my best friend. I mean... if you walk in to our place, you will find us laughing or just having fun together. He makes me laugh like nobody else can. He is also caring, and drops everything for me. Prime example: I usually fall asleep way earlier than Paul (Yes, I am an old lady and if you know me, you are fully aware of this), he always lays down in bed with me until I fall asleep. After I fall asleep, he goes in the den and plays "Call of Duty" (my least favorite game in the entire universe) with all his buddies online on the PS3. If I call his name at all, no matter what he is doing in the game, he stops immediately to come to my rescue. He is my hero :)
(Wasn't too thrilled that I looked like a little boy when he proposed, but still so THRILLED!)

Ok, I could go on for hours, but I'll stop there. If you know Paul, you know I married a one of a kind, and a truly loving, great man that loves Christ and me more than anything in the world. A year ago today, I had no idea what I was getting into, but man... I sure am glad I did. Being with Paul has been the happiest time of my life.

1 comment: