Saturday, November 27, 2010

28 days!

Oh Christmas twee, Oh Christmas twee...

How handsome is my hubs?

My favorite time of year is OFFICIALLY here. I can now listen to Christmas music, drink hot chocolate, sit by our non-existant fire, and... I get to celebrate my first Christmas with my love! Couldn't ask for more. What are you excited about this Christmas?

Here's a recipe I can't wait to try for the Holidays from Southern Living...

Nutty Oatmeal-Chocolate Chunk Cookies (family favorite)


2.5 cups uncooked regular oats
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 or 4 (1.55 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
1.5 cups coarsely chopped pecans

Process oats in a blender or food processor until ground.

Beat butter and sugars at meduim speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla; beat until blended.

Combine ground oats, flour, and next 3 ingredients. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate candy bars and pecans.

Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool... yield: 6 dozen.


Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment