Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Mom's Sundried Tomato Dip

I think it's been over a week since I've written in here? Waaaay too long.

Soo this is one of my favorite appetizers that my mom would make. I love eating this with fritos, but you can eat it with raw veggies as well (I always automatically go for the unhealthy, but who doesn't?). I made this recipe on July 4th for our friends, Rachel and Matt Solik, and I must admit... it was not as good as mom's. (But I guess that's just the way it is) Enjoy!

Mom's Sundried Tomato Dip

1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped (8 tomatoes)
8 oz. of softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 Hellmann's Mayo
10 dashes of Tabasco
1 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)

Puree the tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, Tabasco, salt and pepper in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add the scallions and pulse 2 or 3 times. Serve at room temperature with Fritos or raw veggies.


ALSO, I don't know if you've noticed but at the top, lefthand of my page, I have a tab for recipes if you wanna check them out. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment