Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Did I mention we live in a basement?

I love our second family, The Everswicks (or as Paul likes to call them.. the Ever-so-slicks) upstairs, aren't they precious?

(Rick, Emily, Max and Riley livin it up in East Asia baby!)

I just have to brag on them because they play such a huge role in our marriage. What an incredible influence they've been in our lives. They are always setting a great example of the lives we want to lead, which is a life full of love, living for Jesus!

Here are some of my favorite things about living in their basement.

1. Emily's delicious baked goods. She is always baking (she's one of the one's that's helped my decision to bake bread). And she always shares her goods with us :)
2. Hearing Max play guitar above our bedroom. I mean, I love it. It's just so beautiful.
3. Getting to relive my days of "sleepovers" with Riley. I still love all that little girl stuff, and I get to relive it again. duh. love it.
4. I don't know if you know the Everswicks, but they are known to be the "near perfect" family. I mean, I hope to just take away an ounce of their amazingness.
and lastly, 5. We get to be a big part of these wonderful kid's lives, and I couldn't ask for more.

(on another note, am I an old woman for watching Monk? That show is my obsession. Anyone? Anyone at all?)

1 comment:

  1. this is probably going to be the most random comment ever but i got SO excited to read that somone else under the age of 45 likes monk...it is my favorite...we watch it on instant night flix almost daily :)

    ReplyDelete