Friday, September 24, 2010

Southwest Chicken Soup

One of my favorite recipes, because... it is SO EASY. And it's delicious

Again, I got this recipe from my favorite blogger, so click here to check her out!

Southwest Chicken Soup

Are you ready for this....


1 jar of salsa verde (I used the Pace that is pictured above)
1 rotisserie chicken
1 (15 oz) can of navy beans drained
(I used Bush’s)
1 (large 49oz) can of chicken stock (I only used about 2/3 of the can)
garnish: shredded cheddar, sour cream & tortilla chips
Remove skin from chicken and shred meat with forks. Combine all ingredients into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10-15 mins. I used the entire jar of salsa verde and it’s “make-your-nose-sweat hot”… if medium salsa is too hot for you… just add 1/2 the jar of salsa.
THAT IS ALL. HOW EASY IS THAT!??! If you really want to get fancy with it, you can check out her blog to see how to make homemade tortilla chips. Haven't felt the need to do that yet :)
You will love this, try it and let me know what you think!!

3 comments:

  1. Love this recipe! I'll definitely try it soon- and I love love your blog too. The answer to your question? Shabby blogs. It's amazing and so helpful!
    We live in the same city so lets cook together soon :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I love Darby too...she used to go to my church and is good friends with most of my friends from when she lived in Tallahassee - I'm obsessed with her blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and have you heard of the pioneer woman? http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/ I've made a lot of her recipes and they're really good! :)

    ReplyDelete