Sunday, October 24, 2010

Roasted Chicken and Pineapple Quesadilla


It's been a while. Life has been crazy with a new job and lots of sickness(I have gotten every single sickness that has gone through our classroom, apparently I have a weak immune system, any suggestions? I am currently trying to conquer a cold).

So last week, or the week before (like I said, things have been crazy) I decided to try a chicken, bbq, pineapple quesadilla. Now let me say this... I have three qualifications for my meals:
1. quick
2. healthy
3. tasty
(this doesn't seem like too much to ask? Am I right ladies?)

I loved this recipe. It's from one of my favorite blogs (click here to check her out). Emily Everswick, who I'm pretty sure has the best recipes I know, told me to try this one. We loved it! Deliciouso! Here it is..


Roasted Chicken and Pineapple Quesadilla

  • Corn tortillas (you can use flour too)
  • Roasted chicken, chopped
  • Fresh pineapple, sliced thinly
  • Jack cheese
  • Barbecue sauce
Spread a bit of barbecue sauce over one tortilla then top it with roasted chicken, pineapple slices, and jack cheese. Place the other tortilla on top and place in a hot skillet and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes then carefully flip over and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a minute before slicing. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also currently fighting a cold.
    Oh, the plight of first year teachers!

    ReplyDelete