Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mr. Bags

Isn't life crazy sometimes, and I mean crazy as in ... God throws something in your face that was the last thing in the WORLD you'd think you would be doing.

I have been learning SO much recently from my Savior. I've been learning how to really become a selfless wife and person, how to put someone else before myself, and to just TRUST in whatever God has in store for us.

I have been mentally preparing myself that there's a good chance I could start living as a missionary with Paul. I mean, I've been preparing myself mentally, praying for peace, and had finally felt ready to say, "God, take us where you want us!" But little did I know, maybe I wasn't quite ready for his response..

Like I said, I was preparing myself for some sort of mission work, since Paul's passion was there. I was finally getting excited to see where God would take us, and this is the LAST thing I expected.

Paul got a phone call about a month ago from a man named, Jeff Franklin, interested in casting Paul in a NEW TV SERIES. When this first came up all I could do was laugh. "Well, we KNOW this is NOT what God has in store for us Paul, He has something much better, like working at a church or something" I mean I was totally NOT for this idea at all. It was WAY too out there, I have NOT been mentally preparing myself for this, and this is definitely NOT what God wants us to do.

So, we've been praying, and praying a lot over this past month and decided to give the first day of filming for the pilot a try. As we were in the car driving to the next filming location, I start balling. "Paul, this CAN'T be what God has in store. It is way too risky, it's something you do when your single! This is absolutely crazy. How can we do this??" And then I realized, how is this being selfless at all? Paul has one of the biggest opportunities of his life to STAR in a new CHRISTIAN tv series that could change people's lives! This is EXCITING! And something we may never get the chance to do again.

We talked to Jeff afterwards, and what a great man of God he was. He was supportive of whatever choice we made. But he knew, from when he laid eyes on Paul over 2 years ago, that Paul was the character, Billy Bags. He was meant to play this part. And at that moment, I realized for the first time, that this really maybe what God has in store for us. Wow.

So right now I just want to ask that you pray about this exciting, crazy, life changing adventure we could be a part of! I will make sure to keep everyone updated on the big decision we are about to make. Isn't it crazy that you think God is preparing you for something, when really, he might have been preparing you for something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment